Friday, August 22, 2008

Trip to Cincinnati

The whole family (Robbins side) went to visit Mom and Dad in Cincinnati last week, August 14-21. I don't know where the time went while we were there (Isn't that how it always is?!). Anyway, while we were in Ohio we decided to celebrate a Holiday each day that we were there since we don't get to see Mom and Dad on any holiday for a couple of years. So, we celebrated Easter, Thanksgiving, Birthdays and Christmas. We did activities each of those days that we would normally do on that holiday. For example, for Easter we colored easter eggs, for Thanksgiving, we had a Turkey dinner and pies and we went to the Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. For Birthdays we sang to each other, each with our own cupcake with a candle in it and we went to the aquarium for the activity. For Christmas we sang Christmas carols, and read the Christmas story and decorated a Christmas tree and had a delicious dinner. It was all so much fun and the best idea ever. (Thanks do Dad Robbins) Then, the best thing happened. We were at the Cincinnati Reds baseball game and Audrey was crying and I looked in her mouth and her gums looked different, and I thought to myself "hmmm.... I wonder if she is teething." So, I told Brandon about it but he couldn't really see it because Audrey wouldn't let him, so he put his finger in her mouth to touch her gums, and sure enough we felt the buds of her first tooth forming!!!!!!! I could not believe it, MY baby.... getting teeth...., Ahhhhh, it's just crazy. I was so excited, but kind of sad at the same time. Sad because I felt like she wasn't my little baby anymore. She is just growing way too fast. Pretty soon she is going to be a toddler. (I don't want to think about that right now :() It's no wonder she has been extra fussy lately. Poor thing. Her favorite thing to suck on right now, is my necklace. She LOVES my necklaces. I have been giving her Tylenol to help the pain, but if anybody has any other suggestions on soothing a teething baby, it would be GREatly appreciated!!! Audrey has started to do a scrunchy face look, and let me tell you... it is the cutest thing ever. She just started doing that in Ohio. She also loves, I mean loves... to say "da da," She says "Da, da more than she says "Ma, ma." She did say ma ma first but since I taught her how to say "Da da," that is all she wants to say right now. Brandon just melts when she says this. She has also showed her first signs of crawling. She has been getting up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. She does not do this all the time, but you can just see those wheels spinning trying to figure out what to do next. Audrey will be 8 months on the 28th. I just can't believe how fast she is growing. I have been enjoying every moment I have with her and living it to the fullest, because I know that time is going to fly by.

1 comment:

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

I love your new post. You did such a great job. I love all of the pics you took in Cinci!!
Tricia


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones